26 January, 2014
Honey and Garlic Chicken Wings – Super Bowl time Paleo style :)
These are ridiculously delicious and the easiest wings i ever made. Use your bbq or smoker to get the “dry” wing. Moist on the inside crispy on the outside.
Cook them in the marinade in the oven for a “wet” wing – need to use more honey in that case. They are delicious either way!
- 3 lbs chicken wings, separated
- 1/3 cup Honey
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos or Reduced Sodium Tamari Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- ¾ tsp Ground Ginger
1. Heat honey, lemon juice, water, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and ginger in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Turn heat down to low once it starts to simmer and let simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Pour marinade over chicken wings.Use a plastic freezer bag, baking dish or marinating pan Let marinade in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Ideally longer. Turning at halfway point
3. Barbecue chicken wings until cooked, turning once (something like 20 minutes total, depending on how hot your barbecue is). (use instant temp thermometer for accurate temperature)
Alternatively, place in a greased baking dish (or line with foil) and bake at 400F for 1 hour, turning once at the halfway point. Enjoy!